In order to reconstruct your house, you have to be resourceful and creative, hence think upon the changes you want to bring while renovating your house. First of all pen down the things that you want to change. This will not let any of your ideas go top Maine architects.
Here are some great ways to bring new life to your old house:-
1) Change Interior of your house- The exquisitive looks of your house will depend upon your smart choice of choosing an interior for your house. First of all, decide an interior theme for your house depending upon your personality and style. You could choose a same interior theme for the entire house or you could choose different themes. A better idea would be to choose a theme simple and neutral for some of the rooms of the house. If you need to take a guidance and can rely and love the tastes of an interior designer, you can hire for one.
2) Change the paint colours for walls- The best recommendation while choosing a paint colour is to look upon the facing of the windows and then altogether setting up a combination of colours based on the areas which receive sunlight and the areas which do not receive sunlight. If a window is facing towards east, a better choice would be to choose cooler tones for that room. And if the window is facing towards west, one can go for warmer paint colours for those rooms. The choice of colours will make your home a perfect place for summers as well as winters.
3) Add home enhancing decorations- Plants can add to the bounty of your house. As they signify life. You can put plants both indoors and outdoors to enhance certain portions of your house. These are the type of objects that draw attention to themselves and they can be a subject of conversations for the first time visitors too. Curtains can be used to bare windows to give these areas a certain look. While looking up for curtains, you could go for light coloured curtains with intricate designs .Make a smart choice while choosing for curtains. It is recommended that you avoid see- through materials. A better option would be to go for elegant materials such as natural silk, linen and cotton.
Chandeliers could add to the beauty of your drawing room. All these decors will not only add elegance to your home, but could make up a stunning image in the eyes of your visitors and creating a nostalgia for your place.
4) Go for crown moulding- Crown moulding provides a room a sense of completion. It brings the ceiling and the walls together which makes a perfect sense i.e making of a perfect house out of an old worn-out house. The added advantage of crown moulding is that it does not incur high costs.
5) Hardwood is preferred over carpets- Wall- to -wall carpeting in a home is a thing of past. Though it is warm and soft , but it does not provide a gleaming look to your house. In modern times there is no way for carpets if one wants to give his / her house a sophisticated look and not an outdated one.
After all you are making a new house out of that old dilapidated one! Also while making a choice for hardwood for floor of your house, act in a cost – effective manner, considering your tight budgets. Best option recommended is to go for birch and oak as they are less expensive than cherry. Also while purchasing hardwood, go for a dark colour. It will add to the luxury of your home. This way budget can be maintained and quality wont be compromised.
6) Accesorize your home- Accesories at home makes a mediocre house look extravagant. It is one of the simplest and easiest ways of giving an old house a modern look. Putting gold mirrors, gold made accessories etc. can enhance the luxury of one’s house. This is interesting and can make one’s house a luxurious place. Everyone wants to design their house in such a way which reflects one’s style and personality. So it is a fruitful way to exhibit your luxurious lifestyle.
7 ) Separation of space according to requirements- Privacy is an important aspect of one’s life. Unlike the old house systems where most of the activities used to take in one place, the separation of spaces according to one’s requirement out of old spaces is preferred in modern times. This can be made easy by making study room, other activities room a separated ones. Look you are renovating your house for comfort, so don’t forget to bring these changes which are a preliminary ones for enjoying comfort. Life can be made better this way!